Amazon Prime Day 2020: Your Complete Guide to Saving Big
3 min read
The day has (almost) finally come- Amazon Prime Day 2020 takes place on October 13th and 14th! Over the course of quarantine and the pandemic, lots of people have become even more familiar and reliant on Amazon Prime, which makes this day highly anticipated.
According to Business Insider, Amazon Prime Day could produce a whopping $9.91 billion in sales. People spend more money on Amazon Prime Day than on Black Friday AND Cyber Monday! And with the day being postponed three months later, consumers’ mindsets will be geared towards holiday shopping and some are saying Amazon Prime Day will be the big kick-off to the retail season! They also found that “75% of Prime members said they were likely to purchase some of their holiday presents on Prime Day, and 73% said they were likely to spend some of the money they save for Black Friday on Prime Day”.
The competition for sales will be fierce, but you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up some tips to help you snag some of the best deals this year and which ones you should consider including in your budget.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 Deals and Tips to Snag ‘Em:
1. If you’re not already a Prime member, you can sign up for a 30 day free trial and still reap all of the Prime Day benefits without fulling committing to the cost (is that cheating? Maybe..) Sign up here and automatically be enrolled in a 30-day trial: Amazon Prime Sign-up
2. EARLY PRIME DEAL: Prime members get an Amazon Echo (3rd gen) for $39.98 (originally $49.99).
3. Spend NOW to save $10 on Prime day: If you spend $10 on select products from small businesses, you’ll receive $10 to spend on Prime day. It helps the small business community and your wallet.
4. Are you a Whole Foods shopper? If not, you might want to consider it now! Just like the small business deal, Amazon will give you $10 to spend on Prime Day if you spend $10 on Whole Foods products.
5. Watch AmazonLive to hear which products are the best deals on their countdown to Prime Day! One big contender included Beats Solo Pro headphones typically at $299.95 and currently selling for $199.95!
6. Save 50% on 6 months of Kindle Unlimited
7. Get 3 months of Amazon Kids+ for just $0.99 (originally $29.99)- HURRY! This deal ends on October 12th. What is Amazon Kids+? It’s a subscription that offers kids access to kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, Audible books, and games.They also offer ad-free radio stations and playlists and Audible books.
8. Not sure if it’s actually a good deal or not? Create a free CamelCamelCamel account and keep that tab open during Prime Day to price check the items you’re interested in. This app shows you how the current price relates to the product’s price in the past and what other retailers are selling it for.
9. Start a wishlist now and check back on Amazon Prime Day to see if those items have been discounted yet (better yet, PCMag recommended saving these items to your cart so you’re ready to go if the deal looks good)
10. Consider Amazon’s giftcard reload program: All you need to do it reload a giftcard with money from your bank account and you can receive 2% cash back on Amazon Prime Day if you use that giftcard. $10 savings from small businesses AND 2% cash back- why can’t every day be Prime Day?! Learn more here: Prime Reloads
11. If you want to be the first one to grab a deal, download the Amazon app and select “Watch this deal” to receive notifications when the deal goes live. Let the games begin!
12. For all of Amazon’s early prime day deals, watch their Prime Day 2020 page and stay up to date with all of the savings: Amazon Prime Day 2020
Get out there and save some money! With a year as crazy as this one, you’ve earned it 😉
What deals are you hoping to snag on Amazon Prime Day this year?
For more tips and marketplace updates: