As we enter 2017, consumer trends expert Dr. Audrey Guskey has predicted 5 consumer trends that will definitely be focal points of the upcoming year!
- Get ready for a remote control life. Nowadays it seems that devices can do anything. Our devices learn what we do and perform those activities such as starting our car, monitoring our homes, turning off our lights, steering drones, and controlling our media. It is no secret that we live in a technologically lead world, and that trend will only continue to flourish in 2017.
- It’s all about ME. “Me” being the consumer of course. Consumers are now able to get personalized products designed just for them! It’s mass customization on steroids! Be on the lookout for even more personalization that will be available.
- An ironic pairing to the “ME” trend, is the sharing trend! Remember when Mom said, “Share your toys.”? Now we are sharing EVERYTHING – cars (Uber, ZipCar, FlexCar), homes (Airbnb), toys (BabyPlays), boats, RVs, kayaks (Outdoor Toy Share). Product and service sharing is going to be BIG in 2017.
- 2017 will be the year of experience! Consumers have so much stuff, that they now want the experience. We want to DO not to HAVE!
- Happiness- it’s the new status symbol! Consumers are now redefining what is important to them. Materialism is now being replaced with customer satisfaction and happiness. Businesses will become even more focused on customer satisfaction in 2017.